Learn the language you need to write academic English
This content contains all entries from “Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English (OLDAE)” published by Oxford University Press to help you learn academic English.
The only learner's dictionary to focus exclusively on academic English, the Oxford Learner's Dictionary of Academic English is specifically designed for learners studying, or preparing to study, academic subjects on English-medium university courses. Based on the 85-million-word Oxford Corpus of Academic English, it provides all the tools students need to develop their academic writing skills.
Includes hundreds of academic usage notes, full-sentence examples based on real academic texts, reference pages, and a 48-page Oxford Academic Writing Tutor.
Features and functions
- Search within entries, idioms, examples, collocations
- Customize search options (starts/ends with, appears in idioms/examples)
- Fast pattern-match search (*, ?, vowel, consonant and group of letters) for crossword solving
- Pronunciation audio available offline (all headwords by UK and US speakers)
- “Jump” feature – touch any word anywhere in the dictionary to go to the definition
- Search text within entry
- Bookmark and history functions
- Syncing bookmarks and history with iCloud
- Clipboard search
- VoiceOver read outs dictionary contents
|Genre||Academic English learner’s dictionary|
|Update date||March 4, 2019|
|Release date||March 22, 2017|
|Title||Oxford Learner’s Dictionary of Academic English|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|