The world's best-selling advanced-level dictionary for learners of English
This content contains all entries from “Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (OALD) 10th edition” published by Oxford University Press to help you learn English.
The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, or OALD, is recommended by teachers and students because it defines words in language students understand, gives useful example sentences, and includes the tools learners need to succeed in English.
Features and functions
- Search within entries, idioms, examples
- Customize search options (starts/ends with, appears in idioms/examples)
- Fast pattern-match search (*, ?, vowel, consonant and group of letters) for crossword solving
- Pronunciation audio available offline (all headwords by UK and US speakers)
- Example audio available online
- “Jump” feature – touch any word anywhere in the dictionary to go to the definition
- Search text within entry
- Bookmark and history functions
- Syncing bookmarks and history with iCloud
- Clipboard search
- VoiceOver read outs dictionary contents
- Headwords audio (about 160,000 audio) are all installed in the device and available offline.
- Example audio (about 124,000 audio）are downloaded via the Internet during playback.
|Genre||English learner’s dictionary|
|Update date||December 10, 2021|
|Release date||April 13, 2020|
|Title||Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th edition|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Internet audio count||124,000|